GF No-Bake Cookies

In case I haven't mentioned, my daughter and I are unable to eat food containing gluten. Gluten is in almost everything, often hidden. We've found there are some snacks you just can't find a suitable GF replacement for, so we make our own.

This morning, I was inspired by my friend Gina King and decided to make a batch of No Bake Cookies. You can make these cookies with or without gluten, just use GF Oats. I like Bob's Red Mill brand. They are readily available in our local store.

Here goes!!!

GLUTEN FREE NO BAKE COOKIES
Yield:  approx. 24



Ingredients

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Pinch of salt
  • 3 cups GF Oats

    • Directions:
    • In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter, salt and milk. 

Let boil for 1 minute.

Add peanut butter. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Then add vanilla.

Add oatmeal. 
Stir until thoroughly mixed. If you are a coconut lover, add a half cup of coconut at this stage.

On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the tablespoonfuls. Ready to eat when cooled and hardened.







No comments:

Post a Comment