Big, bad rooster

epic fail photos - Being Tough FAIL
see more funny videos

I saw this online today and laughed so hard. Who hasn't been chased by a rooster? Last year, we bought a beautiful Australorp rooster and found him to be quite aggressive. He tried to chase Sydney over and over again. He was even brave enough to try to spur me one day. He learned that lesson the hard way. He went on "vacation" to Grandpa's house.

When I was really young, probably about four, my 90-something great-grandmother went out to feed the chickens and was spurred by her rooster. She was so afraid the rooster would attack me that she gave me a big stick and told me if any of the chickens got too close, whack 'em! Well, she didn't count on my tossing out corn to the chickens and hitting them when the came to eat. Momma said she walked in the door at our house, distraught and holding my hand tightly.

"The 'Little Thing' has killed all my chickens," she said. From that day on, I knew how to protect myself when it came to ornery roosters.

No comments:

Post a Comment